Simple Command-line Incremental Backup Tool.ADVERTISEMENTS
Author : Zach Scrivena
OS : WinXP,Windows Vista Starter,...
Zipsnap license : Freeware (Price: free)
Added date : 20. August 2007
Release date : 28. June 2007
Download page : Get it Here!
Download Size : 83 kBytes
Publisher URL: http://zs.freeshell.org/
ZipSnap 2.0 details:
Ever wished there was an easy way to backup multiple versions of your files, or quickly synchronize them across different computers (even on different operating systems) so that you always work with the most recent copies? ZipSnap can help you with that!
ZipSnap creates archives that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files). When a snapshot is added to an archive, a new compressed volume is created, containing only new or modified files and directories. A catalog is used to store information on the snapshots and contents of the archive. Files are automatically numbered with a timestamp. Runs on any OS with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+). ZipSnap is free software written in Java and released under the GNU GPL license (version 2).
* ZipSnap creates archives that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files).
* Catalogs are written cumulatively, i.e. a later catalog contains all the information from previous catalogs. Therefore, only the latest catalog is needed when adding/restoring snapshots.
* Catalogs and compressed volumes are automatically timestamped as ArchiveName.yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.n, with extensions .txt.zip and .zip respectively, where n is the snapshot number.
* Because ZipSnap never modifies a catalog or compressed volume after it is created, archives can be stored on write-once-only media.
* ZipSnap supports GLOB and REGEX filters for file/directory names, or their full (relative) pathnames.
For more information, visit http://zipsnap.sourceforge.net/
Also try ZipSnap 2.0 related freeware
2TIFF /35738 kB/
2TIFF command line tool can convert PDF to TIFF, XPS to TIFF and images to TIFF 2TIFF 8.2
A7Soft JExamXML /68 kB/
A7Soft JExamXML is an XML comparison Java based command line tool A7Soft JExamXML 0.2
AlexKlm EasyDE /1572 kB/
C++ IDE, 1.5 Mb, any tools attachable (external), backup check, colored editor. AlexKlm EasyDE 3.2
AOMEI Backupper Beta /70384 kB/
Complete and easy backup, restore, cloning software for Windows PC and Server. AOMEI Backupper Beta 2.5
CommandBurner 2007 /2796 kB/
A CD/DVD burning utility that offers command line and script execution. CommandBurner 2007 3.3.2
Easy File Backup /518 kB/
Easy File Backup is an easy to use file backup utility. Easy File Backup 1.0.2
Monkey Tools /1721 kB/
Monkey Tools - A Complete set of command line and command driven GUI utilities. Monkey Tools 1.00
Seek and Destroy Music Duplicates /1953 kB/
Locate and remove duplicated mp3, ogg, aac or wma files. Seek and Destroy Music Duplicates 1.9
Newest freeware in '' category
ZipSnap freeware is copyrighted computer software which is made available free of charge, as opposed to shareware where the user is required to pay. The only ZipSnap 2.0 criterion for being classified as "freeware" is that the software must be made available at no cost.